Adjusting tool offsets automatically based on measurement results
Solu is an application for setting tools offsets automatically based on measured values. The application compensates the temperature changes and tool wear during long production runs.
The productivity improved by automatic offsets compensation which eliminates user errors and defective workpieces caused by over the tolerance measurements. Tool bits can be used longer by changing them only after speci ed limits are exceeded. In some applications spare tools can be eliminated by optimizing tool life, thus saving tool slots on machining centers and lathes.
Solu makes it possible to exchange information between robot, CNC's and external systems. The information can be for example service requests between CNC and robot, simplifying wiring in the cell and reducing installation time. The information may come from company ERP, being serial numbers, measurement data etc, to be engraved to working pieces.
In unmanned use, the application can page the operator via SMS if robot or CNC issues alarm.
Tool offset rule creation
Every work piece is measured and measurement deflections are corrected before they exceed tolerance limits. During the automated production the application can stop the production in controlled manner if set limits are reached.
- Simple to use, proven in production
- Fast program change
- Multiple machining centers and lathes can be controlled by the same application
- Modular: supports different measuring machine-, machining center- and robot controls
- User friendly: Simple rule creation. Available in different languages. Easy to use web browser interface
Operator view during the production run
Additional information and quote requests
Contact: Janne Mäntyharju, 044 297 8506
Focas is a protocol for exchanging information with Fanuc cnc-controllers. Focas offers extensive possibilities for collecting information from cnc machine, changing machining parameters and communicating with the machine logic.
- Collecting usage data
- Uploading and modifying programs in the cnc memory
- Changing machining parameters and dimensions during the machining
- Sending information like serials numbers to be engraved etc
- Syncronization with external systems like other cnc machines, robot, conveyors etc
- Getting and setting information from machine PLC
We offer consulting and software development related to Focas interface. We can also help on similar topics with controllers other than Fanuc. Please contact us and tell about what you are trying to achieve and lets find together the best available solution!
Air compressor controller
G-Tronic air compressor controller enables grouping compressors to distribute the load evenly when full capacity is not needed. The controller starts required number of compressors when pressure in the network decreases below a set limit.
The controller enables remote management of the compressors. The controlling is possible via web pages or API interface. Connected machines can orders compressors to start or stop. The controller can also query machines and power down compressors when all air consumers have finished their production.
- Compressed air is a major energy consumer. The controller save electricity by using only required number of compressors.
- On multi-compressor setup the controller spreads the wear evenly and allows syncing the compressor maintenance.
- Remote shutdown feature enables turning off the compressed air when production of parts has finished.